The HERA project "The European Spa" offers a Postdoctoral Research Position
News from Oct 09, 2019
The HERA funded interdisciplinary research project SPAS: 'The European Spa as a Transnational Public Space and Social Metaphor', led by Dr Christian Noack, offers a two year postdoc position at the University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam School for Regional and Transnational and European Studies).
Please spread the word:
The researcher is expected to research the history of spas, seaside and climatic resorts in countries like Romania, Italy, Spain or Portugal. Tasks of the postdoctoral researcher will include:
- regular presentations of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- publication of at least one peer-reviewed article;
- administrative support of the project management in co-organisation of project meetings e.g. and workshops;
- willingness and ability to support the research team in its digital and social media activities.
The successful applicant must have:
- a PhD in in a relevant field (such as History, European Studies, Heritage Studies);
- expertise in Southern Europe with good working knowledge in at least two or more Roman languages;
- proficiency in English;
- outstanding research qualities and keen interest in interdisciplinary research methods and approaches;
- good academic writing and presentation skills;
- good social and organizational skills and ability and willingness to work in a team;
- willingness to travel abroad for research stays, conferences and project expert workshops.
|The closing date for the application||15 November 2019|
For more information please see the full text of the job advertisement at the University of Amsterdam website.